Ranked among the top regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report, Columbus State offers nationally distinctive programs in the arts, education, business, nursing and more. Columbus State University provides a creative, deeply personal and relevant college experience. Serving the Southeast while attracting students from around the world, Columbus State thrives on community partnerships to deliver excellence for students who want to achieve personal and professional success in an increasingly global environment. With nationally distinctive programs in the arts, education, business, nursing – and more – Columbus State University provides a creative, deeply personal and relevant college experience. Serving the Southeast while attracting students from around the world, Columbus State thrives on community partnerships to deliver excellence for students who want to achieve personal and professional success in an increasingly global environment. Just 100 miles southwest of Atlanta, Columbus State University is proud member of the University System of Georgia, enrolling more than 8,200 students in a wide variety of degree programs, from online degrees to a doctorate in education.
ESL Program and/or Support Services
The English Language Institute (ELI) was established in 2002 to provide English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction for international students and other residents of the Columbus and Chattahoochee Valley region.
We are here to meet the needs of students whose native language is not English. The American Education system is quite different from other countries. Don't worry – the ELI program is designed to help you gain the knowledge and experience you need to prepare you for that educational journey as well as a successful career in your home country or in the United States.
The staff and faculty of Columbus State University are committed to excellence in teaching and making your term at our institution a positive experience. Please feel free to Contact Us for further information.
Student Housing Options
CSU Residence Life offers the best of both worlds: The combination of apartment-style amenities with the conveniences and services of on-campus living. Both professional and student staff are available 24 hours a day to help take care of your needs. The staff is committed to enhancing the quality of life for students by providing comfortable, affordable and well-maintained housing, along with opportunities for involvement and leadership.
Admission Requirements for First Year and Transfer Students
As part of the admissions process, international student applicants must provide the following documents:
- Complete an online application along with a non-refundable $40.00 application fee.
- Submit an original copy of a professional evaluation of education credentials for both high school and/or college. Evaluations can be submitted from any of the organizations from the NACES.org website. If applicant has attended college in the United States, official transcripts from all colleges attended will be needed.
- Official TOEFL scores. All applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit official TOEFL scores with a minimum score of 79 on the internet based test or 213 on the computer based test. Our School Code is: 5123. International applicants who have taken English Composition 101 and 102 at a regionally accredited college in the US are not required to take the TOEFL. Official transcripts from the college will need to be submitted.
- For international applicants seeking F-1 (I-20) visas, proof of financial support in the amount of $32,200 in US dollars (this amount is subject change if tuition or fees increase) is required. Applicants can submit an original letter from bank or original bank statement.
PHOTOCOPIES OR SCANNED COPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Immunizations. Provide proof of vaccinations for measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus and varicella (If under the age of 19 at the time of enrollment, Hepatitis B vaccination is required).
- If you are currently enrolled in a college or university in the US, copies of I-20, I-94 and passport are needed.
Apply now to Columbus State
International Student Visas Issued
F1, J1 visas, Primarily F-1 Student visas
Cost of Attendance and Financial Assistance
|Non-Georgia Resident / International Tuition and Fees|
Tuition for the online M.S. in Applied Computer Science is charged at $285 per credit hour plus the technology fee and institutional fee.
Tuition for the MBA and Masters in Organizational Leadership is charged at $235 in-state/$939 out-of-state per credit hour plus all mandatory fees.
Tuition for the MPA program is charged at $220 in-state/$879 out-of-state per credit hour plus all mandatory fees.
Tuition for the Online MEd in Educational Leadership program is $350 per credit hour plus the technology and institutional fees.
Tuition for the Online MEd in Accomplished Teaching, Online MAT in Math and Science, and other GOML programs is $385 per credit hour plus the technology and institutional fees.
Tuition for Online CSU graduate courses is $285 per credit hour plus the technology and institutional fees.
Tuition for the Online Graduate MBA program is $700 per credit hour.
Student Activities and Campus Life
The One Cougar World Association's mission is to foster relationships between CSU’s international and American students in order to further the institution’s goal of internationalizing the campus. One Cougar World aims to do this by sponsoring social and cultural activities on campus that are fun and educational in nature, as well as by participating in volunteer efforts and social activism. If you are interested in becoming a member of the OCW, please contact Adam Johnson at AdamJohnson@ColumbusState.edu